build model

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Zhiwu
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

build model

Post by Zhiwu »

When I move the indicator to modeling window to build a measurement model, I can move indicator one by one for one latent variable or move multiple indicators which are in consecutive position in indicator window. But how can I move multiple indicators which are NOT in consecutive position in indicator window to the model window for one latent variable at one time?
Zhiwu Liang
swende
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dipl. Wi-Inf. Sven Wende

Post by swende »

You can hold the CONTROL key to select multiple indicators at one time, that are not in consecutive order or the SHIFT key, to select multiple indicators that are in consecutive order!
Sven Wende, CEO SmartPLS GmbH
jjsailors
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by jjsailors »

And, at least on my system, after the final click, with either CNTRL or SHIFT depressed, without releasing the click, move the indicators to the latent variable. If you, for example, click on one indicator, then CNTRL click on several others, then let go of the mouse button and try to move the group of indicators by pressing and holding the mouse button down while over one of the previously selected indicators, you will only move the one idicator that you most recently clicked. This is different than the functionality within Windows and many other Window's programs (at least the US versions).
John J. Sailors, PhD
Associate Professor of Marketing
The University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
Minneapolis, MN