PLS and Meta-analysis

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
meldarien
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Melvin Prince

PLS and Meta-analysis

Post by meldarien »

I would like to use SmartPLS for structural equation modeling in a Meta-analysis study.

Please provide any insights and leads to relevant literature.

Melvin Prince
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Re: PLS and Meta-analysis

Post by jmbecker »

I have not seen any literature that uses PLS to analyze data from a meta analysis. I think it is an interesting idea, but you probably have to build the literature yourself.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de
pubrica
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Pubrica

Role of methodological quality in meta-analysis

Post by pubrica »

Assessment of methodological quality is a crucial step before starting a study. As a result, correctly determining the research type is essential to selecting the appropriate instrument. This review presented methodological quality evaluation techniques for randomized controlled trials (individual and cluster), animal studies, and non-randomized interventional research. A statistical technique to synthesize the evidence collected from secondary data from systematic reviews (SR) of research in a given area is known as meta analysis (MA). Experts can use SRs and MAs as reference sources while making decisions. Despite their quick expansion and significant effect on health research, they are unreliable in decision-making due to discrepancies in the findings of studies on the same issue. Pubrica provides meta analysis writing service.