How to explain the specific indirect effects in SmartPLS?

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Aha09
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Dr. AFM Jalal Ahamed

How to explain the specific indirect effects in SmartPLS?

Post by Aha09 »

Dear all,

I ran a model in SmartPLS-3 and looked at the specific indirect effect, as follows:
Relationships : X →Y → Z
Effect size : 0.16
Confidence intervals : 2.5% = 0.04, 97.5% = 0.28
p value = 0.09
Result = Not Supported / supported??

My question is, what I can infer from the results. The bias-corrected confidence intervals do not include a zero, so to me, this is mediation. However, the P-value is larger than 0.05. Should I accept or reject the mediation hypothesis?

Thanks in advance.
im2033thomas
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Thomas Cook

Re: How to explain the specific indirect effects in SmartPLS?

Post by im2033thomas »

When a mediator is hypothesized, the total effect can be broken into two parts: the direct and indirect effect. The direct effect is the effect of exposure on the outcome absent the mediator. The indirect pathway is the effect of exposure on the outcome that works through the mediator. Thank You!!.

Andrew125
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Andrew Jorden Asia

Re: How to explain the specific indirect effects in SmartPLS?

Post by Andrew125 »

im2033thomas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am When a mediator is hypothesized, the total effect can be broken into two parts: the direct and indirect effect. The direct effect is the effect of exposure on the outcome absent the mediator. The indirect pathway is the effect of exposure on the outcome that works through the mediator. Thank You!Nulls Brawl Apk

[/size]
Thank you for your explaination, it has cleared all of my thoughts. Thanks again