Path Coefficients in report

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Path Coefficients in report

Post by Max »

Could anybody explain the difference between the Path Coefficients in the Index Values(results) and the PLS (Calculation results) parts of the standard report?

Best Regards
Max
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

check this topic ( I found it via the "search" function):

viewtopic.php?t=266&highlight=index+value
Last edited by cringle on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Max »

hmmm. the link seems to point to an overview page with a lot of topics? I have searched as well, but found no result (might be looking at the wrong thing)

I know what the path coefficients are, and I know that they can be standardiced weights or unstandardized (regression) weights, but working with a dataset in saandardized or unstandardized format makes no difference to the pathcoefficients, so I assume that the path coefficients in the PLS calculation results part of the repport are standardized.

Is this correct??

The path coefficients in the Index values part of the repport are different though, are these the unstandardized version ???
Max
cringle
SmartPLS Developer

Post by cringle »

Do not pay any attention to the index value results!

They are only used for an additional analysis in the quoted article (see topic link).

Best
Christian
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Max »

Ok, super. :-) What article was that? The link didn't seem to lead to an article.
Max
cringle
SmartPLS Developer

Post by cringle »

You are right, the link was on a list of topics but not directly on the topic I meant. I updated the link!
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Max »

Aha, super. Thank you very much :-). Now things are getting a bit clearer. I know some of these Index calculations, and how they are used. I'm quite familiar with the use of index for LVs, but I've never seen the index values for the path coeficients, which is probably why I was a bit confused. Is there a specific interpretation for the Index Value path coefficient?
Max