Scale Development with PLS

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
mthorsten
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Scale Development with PLS

Post by mthorsten »

Hi Together, I am fairly inexperienced if it comes to PLS.
I am interested in the possibility of using PLS for a scale development paper and I was looking for literature on that but I couldn't find much.
Did you try PLS for scale develoment, or do you know a paper where it has been used?
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

Check three references below for development scale using PLS-SEM and CB-SEM:

Compeau, D. R., and Higgins, C. A, "Computer Self-Efficacy: Development of a Measure and Initial Test," MIS Quarterly (19:2) 1995b, pp.189-211.

Hinkin, T.R. 1998. "A Brief Tutorial on the Development of Measures for Use in Survey Questionnaires," Organizational Research Method (1:1), pp. 104-121.

Raykov, T. 2012. "Scale Construction and Development Using Structural Equation Modeling,” In R. Hoyle (Ed.), Handbook of Structural Equation Modeling, Guilford Press.

Best Regards,
Hengky
mthorsten
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by mthorsten »

thanks a lot for the references!

Thorsten
annwoody
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by annwoody »

I checked out these references but could not find a solution. Can you give me some more references on this PLS scale development?
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

Check Bagozzi and MacKenzie et al. In MISQ 2011. And also check another books about scale development OK.

Regards,
Hengky