how to improve r square?

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
jackl
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

how to improve r square?

Post by jackl »

Hello,

im currently working on my master thesis and i have the problem that the r² value of my dependent variable is too low (0,410).
But due to the predictive research in my master thesis i want to increase the r² value of my dependent variable to 0,710.

But how?

Thanks for any advices!
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi,

1st idea) With more predictive LV, maybe the R2 will increase.

For instance, in ECSI studies:
2 predictors --> 44% < R2 (mean) < 52%
3 or 4 predictors --> 67% < R2 (mean) < 79%

FORNELL, C. A National Customer Satisfaction Barometer: The Swedish Experience. Journal of Marketing, v.56, n.1, p.6-21, jan.1992.
FORNELL, C. et al. The American Customer Satisfaction Index: Nature, Purpose, and Findings. Journal of Marketing, v.60, n.4, p.7-18, out.1996.
KRISTENSEN, K.; MARTENSEN, A.; GRØNHOLDT, L. Customer Satisfaction Measurement at Post Denmark: results of application of the European Customer Satisfaction Index Methodology. Total Quality Management, v.11, n.7, p.S1007-S1015.
TENENHAUS, M.; VINZI, V. E.; CHATELIN, Y.; LAURO, C. PLS path modeling. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, v.48, p.159-205, 2005.

2nd idea) Using AMOS or LISREL (covariance based) there is a tendency of structural results to be bigger than PLS-PM.

Best regards,

Bido
ruchi
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by ruchi »

if i have formative construct, then i cant use AMOS. Is there any method to improve R square