question!urgent!

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
yslovecq
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

question!urgent!

Post by yslovecq »

Hi,I’m new to use SmartPls to solve the SEM problems. And I have a question about Smartpls. If someone knew it, please help me. The question is as follows:
How to use Smartpls to test quadratic effects between variables?
Thanks a lot!
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi,

KLINE, R. B. Principles and practice of structural equation modeling. 3rd ed. New York: The Guilford Press, 2011.

Use power terms or polynomials (p.327), like it is done in moderation, but here you will do X*X.

More ideas here:
HENSELER, J.; CHIN, W. W. A comparison of approaches for the analysis of interaction effects between latent variables using partial least squares path modeling. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, v. 17, n. 1, p. 82-109, 2010.

Best regards,

Bido
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,
See Henseler et al. 2012. " Analysing Quadratic effects of formative constructs by means of variance-based SEM" EJIS (21), pp. 99-112.

Dijkstra, T.K and Henseler, J. 2011. "Linear indices in nonlinear structural equation models," Quality and Quantity (45), pp. 1505-1518.

Regards,
Hengky
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,
See Henseler et al. 2012. " Analysing Quadratic effects of formative constructs by means of variance-based SEM" EJIS (21), pp. 99-112.

Dijkstra, T.K and Henseler, J. 2011. "Linear indices in nonlinear structural equation models," Quality and Quantity (45), pp. 1505-1518.

Regards,
Hengky