Type II Second-Order Factor Model Questions

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
mnabi
PLS User
Real name and title: Morteza - PhD student

Re: Type II Second-Order Factor Model Questions

Post by mnabi »

Hello everyone,

1. Which stage should we use for assessing Q2 (predictive relevance) in two stage approach?
2. Why the results in each stage are different?
3. And since "The blindfolding procedure is usually applied to endogenous constructs that have a reflective measurement model specification as well as to endogenous single-item constructs." (Hair et al. 2017), can we report Q2 results for all (formative and reflective) constructs in the second stage because of having single items (latent variable scores as indicators)?

Thanks
Raha
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Sara

Post by Raha »

I have the exact same question, I don't know for r square and Q square, which results should I be reporting? The ones with all the indicators or the second ones having only the latent variables?

I would be grateful if some one help out.

mnabi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 am Hello everyone,

1. Which stage should we use for assessing Q2 (predictive relevance) in two stage approach?
2. Why the results in each stage are different?
3. And since "The blindfolding procedure is usually applied to endogenous constructs that have a reflective measurement model specification as well as to endogenous single-item constructs." (Hair et al. 2017), can we report Q2 results for all (formative and reflective) constructs in the second stage because of having single items (latent variable scores as indicators)?

Thanks
clotspond
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: clots pond

Post by clotspond »

Thanks Shamel, in this case do I need to go to the second step? In other words, can I keep the first order constructs (not indicators) and report the results? Stock Market Courses Hubspot agency