laptop crashed and activation key not accepted

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Margaret Morse
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

laptop crashed and activation key not accepted

Post by Margaret Morse »

My laptop crashed and I need to install/reinstall the software on my new laptop. However, I have tried to do so but it says the activation key was not accepted. I believe this is happening because this would be the 4th use of my key. I had used the key once to activate it on my desktop and then I had to use the key twice on the laptop (I had to use it twice due to an error that happened when I synchronizing my laptop to my work server...didn't recognize Smart PLS so I had to reenter key again).

Anyway, is there anyway to get a new key before my current one expires in late August so that I can finish my disssertation? I promise that I am not installing SmartPLS on multiple comupters (just 2) that would violate the licensing agreement. I just need to install it on my new laptop.

While I realize I could create a new profile and get a new key...I'm thinking that the work/models I have already created would not transfer to this new profile. Therefore, if there is any way to get a new key early that would be great.

Thanks for any help/guidance.

Sincerely,

Margaret