How to deal with control variables in SmartPLS!

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Hsin-Min Hung
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

How to deal with control variables in SmartPLS!

Post by Hsin-Min Hung »

Hello,

I am a novice to use SmartPLS. I'd highly appreciate any help response following question.

1. My model includes three Indepent Variables (IV1, IV2), two Dependent Variables (DV1, DV2), Two Moderators (M1, M2) and Four Control Variables.

My first question is I should include CV (link to DV) in the modeling, correct? All variables (IV, MV*IV, CV) link to DV in the modeling, correct?

2. I have only 69 samples (55 samples in category 1 and 14 samples in category 2).

My second question is when I use practial rule: 10 cases/arrow in formative LV or arrows that arrive in a endogenous LV (what is bigger), should I count CV and (IV*MV) ?

3. Further, IV1 has 5 indicators, IV2 has 4 indicators, DV1 has 4 indicators, DV2 have 4 indicators, MV1 have 6 indicators and MV2 has 7 indicators.

My third question is if I proceed factor analysis to reduce MV2's indicators from 7 to 2, or group indicators (e.g. 6) to 2, will there be any incorrect or difference (e.g. change direction of IV1 to DV1 from negtive to positive)?

4. Any solution if I wish to analyze 14 samples in category 2?

Thanks much for attention and help in advance!

Hsin-Min
a doctorial student