cross loadings of 4 indicators all jump from around 0.7 to 1

This forum is closed, and read-only.
garba001
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

cross loadings of 4 indicators all jump from around 0.7 to 1

Post by garba001 »

Dear ladies and gentlemen

I have a latent variable called "cognitive distance" in my model and 4 reflective indicators measuring it. The cross loadings of those 4 indicators are all around 0.76, but not exactly the same. The latent variable "cognitive distance" is linked to a latent variable called synergy, explaining that one significantly with a path coefficient around 0,2.

Still when I connect any other latent variable to the latent variable "cognitive distance" all four cross loadings of the "cognitive distance" indicators get a value of 1.
Although the indicators are not perfectly correlated with each other (I had a look at the underlying data) and the same latent variable disconnected from the explaining latent variable drops back to the 4 cross loadings around 0.76.

I already reimported the data and even used another PC, but always with the same result, of all four indicators crossloading taking a value of 1, as soon as an arrow from another latent variable is pointing at the latent variable "cognitive distance"

Could anyone help me and explain me, what could be the reason for this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With kind regards

Philipp Garbade