calculation of unstandardized weight

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

calculation of unstandardized weight

Post by Max »

I would like to calculate the unstandardized weight (like a regression coefficient) between two latent wariables.

I take it that since PLS operates on the standardiced LV, the path coefficient (weight) should be interpreted as: a change of X standard deviation in LV1 is going to produce a change in LV2s standarddeviation of WEIGHT1-2 * X

If this is the case, how do I calculate a weight, that could be interpreted like a regression coefficient: a change of X in LV1 wil lead to a change in WEIGHT1-2 * X in LV2
Max
viswadatta
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

path coefficients

Post by viswadatta »

The path coefficients are the inner weights, which are to be used. The standardised weights are called inner loadings, which mention the degree of correlation between LVs.
Max
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Max »

In other words, you are confirming that the inner weights (path coeficients) are standardized ?
Max
AAK
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

How to calculate UNstandardized path coeff (OUTER WEIGHT)

Post by AAK »

Yes, I also have difficulities to convert the path coeff in PLS into UNstandardized. There are some posts mentioning the converting into UNstandardized LV score, but what if I only need to change the path coeff? Anyway to do that?? Many thanks!~
Ada