Effect size f2 and predictive relevance Q2 for complex model

Research topics can be discussed in this area.
hudapg
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Effect size f2 and predictive relevance Q2 for complex model

Post by hudapg »

I need urgent help plz.

I have a complex model where B,C,D are directed to A and E,F,G,H are directed to C. I want to calculate the f2 & Q2 for the DV A. I know how to do the F2 & Q2 for B to A & D to A, but when I want to do C to A shall I remove C and its IVs or only C and connect its IVs to A??
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hello,

SmartPLS difficult computing f^2 and Q^2 for complex model. But in your case, if you already know f^2 B and D, you just compute R^2 A - (f^2 B + D) = f^2 C OK (It's just my trick). ;-)

Best Regards,
Hengky
hudapg
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by hudapg »

Dear Hengky:
Thanks for your kind reply.. Indeed I have sent an email to a professor in one of the universities around and who is an expert in PLS. He kindly advised that I should in my case delete C with its IVs because I need to know its impact, which originally is affected by its IVs..

I managed to do it well based on his advice.

Thanks anyway for your help.
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,
I know must remove C, but I give you a simply and quickly approach.

You know, sum f^2 BCD = R^2 A. Effect size is partial variance and R-square is total variance. Now, you know f^2 B & D and R^2 A,
for compute f^2 C very simple: R^2 A - (f^2 B + D) done!
I just explain for your understand My suggest, but if you choice and follow the professor advice, up to you. The result will be same OK.

Best Regards,
Hengky
davetol
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: Effect size f2 and predictive relevance Q2 for complex m

Post by davetol »

Please, I am a doctoral candidate. i am presently analysing my data. i have 1IV, 2mediators and 1DV and the are all second order constructs(reflective-reflective). What are those things that i need to report in my study starting from missing data? Thanks.