how to do PLS Predict with moderator in SmartPLS4

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
rabiah
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: RABIAH ADAWIAH ABU SEMAN

how to do PLS Predict with moderator in SmartPLS4

Post by rabiah »

Hi,
I just installed and tried the SmartPLS4. I want to run PLS Predict with moderator interaction terms. I tried with SmartPLS3, kept getting error message. But it worked with SmartPLS4. However, i am not sure if it is the right way to do it. I read some papers that have done PLS Predict in their analysis, none states whether they have included the interaction terms in their model. In my understanding, the model in PLS Predict should be similar as the structural model. In my case, it's disjoint 2-stage approach with interaction terms.

If i am not mistaken, I read in Becker's paper that it is possible to use interaction terms in PLS Predict..
"Similarly, future research should investigate the approaches and data treatment options from an out-of-sample prediction perspective (Shmueli, Ray, Velasquez Estrada, & Chatla, 2016). In doing so, it would be particularly interesting to investigate the impact of different weighting schemes in the context of our research question. By default, the estimation of reflectively specified constructs draws on Mode A, whereas PLS-SEM uses Mode B for formatively specified constructs. However, Becker et al. (2013) show that this reflex-like use of Mode A and Mode B is not optimal in terms of out-of-sample prediction under all conditions."
Becker, J. M., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2018). Estimating moderating effects in PLS-SEM and PLSc-SEM: Interaction term generation* data treatment. Journal of Applied Structural Equation Modeling, 2(2), 1-21.
actual third order PLSPREDICT 06062022 with interactions model 1A.png
actual third order PLSPREDICT 06062022 with interactions model 1A.png (88.98 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
xioseka
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Coisa Nista

Re: how to do PLS Predict with moderator in SmartPLS4

Post by xioseka »

How we can use PLSPredict for higher order constructs?. Should we compare and report the RMSE values of only lower order construct or should we include higher order as well?[color= #FF0000]basketball stars[/color]