Installation problems

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Salima
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Installation problems

Post by Salima »

Hi,

I've received my activation key and started installation on my computer. It seemed to be successfully, but when I want to open to programme there is a pop-up, which informs me that an error ocurred (before that the smartpls-logo appears shortly). I can' t get in the programme and cannot type my activation key. I uninstalled and installed several times - without success.

What's wrong? Thanks for your support!
S.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

there can be many sources for your problems. Please check the information in the download section: Do you have the correct Java Version? What about the GDI+ trouble. Please also check the Announcements in this forum and other discussions regarding installation problems. You might not be online, you might not use the current key (see "my key"), your firewall might block the installation. Please check these things. If your problem is still not solve, please send an E-Mail to admin@smartpls.de with the log-file in your SmartPLS folder and explain your troubles in detail. So far, we could solve all problems!

Best
Christian
hcesnik
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Installation problems

Post by hcesnik »

Hi,

I've the same problem. By starting smartPLS I get an error message which is described in detail in a log file. I think having the correct Java-Version (1.4.1). I can see my activation key but by starting the progamm the error message is immediately appearing without an possibility to enter the key

thanks
Hermann
swende
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dipl. Wi-Inf. Sven Wende

Post by swende »

Hi,
I think having the correct Java-Version (1.4.1).
SmartPLS 2.0 requires Java 2 Standard-Edition Runtime Environment (J2SE JRE), version 5.0 or higher.

Sven
Sven Wende, CEO SmartPLS GmbH