R Square is equal to 1!!!!!!!!!

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
mnatheer
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

R Square is equal to 1!!!!!!!!!

Post by mnatheer »

Dear PLS Community,

I am kind stuck with my model here. I have reflective indicators first order and formative constructs second and third order. My problem is that if every time I test the model, I got R Square equal to one even if Separate the data into different groups, I still get R Square equal to one. The weird thing is I test my constructs as reflective model, it works perfect!!!

I read in this forum somewhere that R Square equal is almost impossible and could be a problem with file, I have everything and still got R square equal to 1!!!

Any Suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your kind help in advance

Mohammed
Gert
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Gert »

I had a similar experience recently, when I first used the program.

In my case I solved it simply by ticking the 'Apply Missing Values Algorithm' box when running the general PLS algorithm.
mnatheer
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by mnatheer »

Thanks for your respond but I already replace my missing values with mean average from the SPSS program because it would not not even work with missing values anyhow so I am thinking I could not be problem if the program is running and gives different results with treating constructs as reflective constructs!!!

Thanks again for your very valuable feedback