Significance of Path Coeffeceint

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
k_ganju
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Significance of Path Coeffeceint

Post by k_ganju »

Hi

I have formulated a simple model with 10 latent variables and one dependent variable and have the path coeffecients. I was wondering if it is correct to divide the path coeffecients by the AVE to get the t-statistic to see if there is a significant relationship between the variables? Or is there another method of determinign the t-statistic?

Also, is there an option to quickly search through the forums?

Regards
Kartik Ganju
dibakar
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

Post by dibakar »

You need to do a boot strapping to get the T values. For boot strapping select Cases as number of observations made in your study and set sample size to 1000. Hope it helps.
sunilsahadev
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

signficance

Post by sunilsahadev »

I conducted bootstrapping analysis and got the t-values. Do we have to look at the significance level by going through the t-distribution tables. If that is so then what is the degree of freedom. Also is there any option in smart PLS to get the significance level of t-values in the output itself.
SUNIL SAHADEV
christian.nitzl
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by christian.nitzl »

Pleas check following post for an answer:

viewtopic.php?t=1762

Best regards,

Christian
sunilsahadev
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Significance level

Post by sunilsahadev »

I read this paper. It says that the degree of freedom of t-value is effectiveley n-1 where n is the number of bootstrapping groups. So if i conduct a bootstrapping with 500 iterations then is the degree of freedom for the t-statistic 499. Please correct me if I am wrong.
SUNIL SAHADEV
christian.nitzl
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by christian.nitzl »

You absolutly right! :-)

Christian