Smartpls vs SPSS

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
mazi
PLS User
Real name and title:

Smartpls vs SPSS

Post by mazi »

hi every body I am going to defence my thesis and one of my referees asks me why dont you check your results with SPSS in addition to Smartpls and I am seeking to find some advantages of this software, can any one help me to justify the use of this sofware alone not in addition to spss
Best regards
Nazila
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi,

- In SPSS you will use a summated rating scale or principal components approach, that regardless the correlation between LV. (PLS-PM try to maximizing the explanation of the dependent LV).

- In AMOS (the SPSS software to structural equation modeling based in covariance) we purpose of the study will be theory test, see
HENSELER, J.; RINGLE, C. M.; SINKOVICS, R. R. The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing. Advances in International Marketing, v. 20, p. 277-319, 2009.
Available at: <http://php.portals.mbs.ac.uk/Portals/49 ... cs-PLS.pdf>.

Best regards

Bido
mazi
PLS User
Real name and title:

Thank you so much

Post by mazi »

Thank you so much
however I have some trouble.
I think SPSS has the ability to compute the correlation between two LV.
I think you mean spss does these two analysis seperately, however in smartpls these two analysis are done simultaneously. is it true?
again thank you
best regards
Nazila Babakhani
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Yes.