SPSS or SEM

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
vonbergh
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

SPSS or SEM

Post by vonbergh »

Hello,

In general, when should I use statistical analysis methods and under what conditions should I turn to Smart PLS or SEM? Where can I find this in the literature?

Thank you and a happy New Year to you all,
Dennis
christian.nitzl
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by christian.nitzl »

Hey Dennis,

Forr making a good decision you can find very nice information about the differences of LISREL and PLS in following paper:

Henseler, J. / Ringle, C. M. / Sinkovics, R. R.: The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing, in: Sinkovics, R. R. / Ghauri, P. N. (eds.), Advances in International Marketing, Vol. 20, Bingley 2009, pp. 277-320.
http://php.portals.mbs.ac.uk/Portals/49 ... cs-PLS.pdf

You can also find some information about the differences in the famous book of Hair et al. on pp. 775:

Hair et al. (2010): Multivariate Data Anaylsis.

I hope that helps!

Christian
Last edited by christian.nitzl on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vonbergh
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by vonbergh »

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your help. The article certainly sets me on the good foot for a choice as to why PLS. I'll get the book from the library on Monday. It's available ;-)

All the best,
Dennis
arngun
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by arngun »

Hi Christian,

I think the link that you gave is not working. Can you give another link. Thanks

Regards,

Arn
arngun
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by arngun »

I've tried it again and it is working. Thanks

Rgds,

Arn