Import errors

This forum is closed, and read-only.
laufey
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Import errors

Post by laufey »

When we try to import our data from SPSS, by copying the dataset to excel and save it as a CSV file, we always get a red question mark on our dataset under project. We get many errors and when we try to validate them we don't understand what it says, for example:

There is more than one column for indicator!
Dataset contains invalid value in column 0!

Can you please help us?
jiwat
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: Import errors

Post by jiwat »

Hello Laufey,

I had similar issues when my file had missing data as it was showing red color icon on the data file in PLS. Here are few things which I think might help.

1. You may remove your data file (with red icon) from relevant PLS project, just to start afresh. Though not removing your file with red icon will not effect anything.

2. To fix issues with the file, the source file either in *.csv or text file need to be checked. If data has missing values, use find/replace function in excel to fill in the empty cells with either -999 or -1 (as normally shown in PLS). Then save the file and import the newly saved file in PLS project and ensure you may check the box for missing indicators while importing. I used the same values that I used to fill in missing data cells in excel e.g. -999 while checking the missing value box during file import.

Once you re-import the file, it should show green icon, if no other issues.

3. To use the indicators you may either double click .splsm file. You can also right click on the data file with green icon and select "Use data for calculation" if indicators donot appear and then retry double clicking on the .splsm file to see whether indicators list pops-up.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

J

laufey wrote:When we try to import our data from SPSS, by copying the dataset to excel and save it as a CSV file, we always get a red question mark on our dataset under project. We get many errors and when we try to validate them we don't understand what it says, for example:

There is more than one column for indicator!
Dataset contains invalid value in column 0!

Can you please help us?