Moderating effect analysis by comparing group differences

This forum is closed, and read-only.
madhikari
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Mrs Mina Adhikari

Moderating effect analysis by comparing group differences

Post by madhikari »

I want to conduct a moderation analysis by comparing group differences as the moderators are either categorical (e.g. gender) or ordinal mostly.
My model includes both second-order formative and first order reflective constructs so I used two-stage approaches to get the main model. But I am wondering at which stage I should use the categorical variable (stage 1 or stage 2) to identify moderating effects. At stage 2 all the latent variable (LVs) scores are standardized but the categorical is not. Can I use it without standardising in stage 2?

I am using SmartPLS 3.2.4 version, this has MGA function. It provides results for 2 groups only. Can I use it comparing the means for more than two groups by running it simultaneously? Is it appropriate?

Thanks
Mina
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Moderating effect analysis by comparing group difference

Post by cringle »

Sure, just run the PLS multigroup analysis.

Best regards
Christian
willywonka78
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Chu, MBA student

Post by willywonka78 »

Hi, I would like to address to the same question here. I am very new to SmartPLS but thanks to the material on internet I am able to understand how to use it little by little.

I am doing my master thesis about what factor will influence employee to use company's internal social media, and the hypothesis is that based on different cultures and level of job tenure, and goal of using it will influence the usage.
So I have around 125 responses from survey based on 6 likert scales,
here is the question, I want to do the analysis based on different region (Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Africa and so on) and also different job tenure(1-5, 6-10years, 10 years above, and also different goal (work related goal or networking related goal)

my question is, how do I use the Multi Group Analysis to separate different regions, job tenure, and goals at the same time?
it is possible to do that? oh yes and I am using the student account so I think I am not able to use more than 100 responses.

thank you for answering me!
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Thanks. You can use the free 1 month trial of the full version. Also, you may ask support@smartpls.com if they can send you an extended trial license for your project.

But given your small sample size (125 observations), a multigroup analysis does not seem to be very reasonable. Your already too small sample get even smaller per group...

Best regards
Christian