Testing alternative path relationships

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
AniBre
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Anika Breitenmoser

Testing alternative path relationships

Post by AniBre »

Hello,

I have a question concerning alternative path relationships. One of the independent variables in my model is objective career development. Theory tells me that objective career development affects subjective career satisfaction (Alternative 1), and the results support that. However, some researchers argue that it could also be the other way around, i.e., subjective career satisfaction affecting objective career development (Alternative 2).

Does anybody know if there is a test in SmartPLS that allows comparing the two alternatives? Or if there is a test based on SmartPLS output data? In the following paper I read something about Cohen's (1988) d-value, but I can't really get to the bottom of how this test is conducted.

Sattler, H., Völckner, F., Riediger, C., & Ringle, C. M. (2010). The impact of brand extension success drivers on brand extension price premiums. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 27(4), 319–328

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance,

Anika