path weights between ind. and latent var.?

This forum is closed, and read-only.
T_Hansen
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

path weights between ind. and latent var.?

Post by T_Hansen »

I was wondering why the model editor (in 2.0M2) in my case does not seem to display any path weights inbetween indicators and latent var., where as it does display them inbetween latent var. this is the case both when creating own diagrams as well as following the step by step tutorial from the webpage. Best wishes
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Well,

you are right - that does not look as it used to be. What you can do is to become familiar with the settings of SmartPLS 2.0 M2 (the button in the task bar).

You can display almost every result in the model editor. In your case: go to settings --> "display settings", then you can define if you want to change settings only for the current project or for all projects in the workspace --> then you can add outer weights and outer loadings ("NEW" --> "PLS" -- "CALCULATION RESULTS") either to be displayed directly or as tool tip.

Best Christian
T_Hansen
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by T_Hansen »

Excellent!! I actually have then one suggestion for future versions: As most icon functionalities in the task bar are also accessible from the drop down menus, it would be great to make the settings functionality accessible from there also. Especially as there is a settings-like preference menu item in the drop down menu already, which can be confused - as in my case - with the settings dialogue. Best wishes