automatize Smart PLS

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Silke Burestam
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

automatize Smart PLS

Post by Silke Burestam »

Hello,

I have a question about running the same model many times with different datasets. I have a huge data set with one classification variable and it is lots of work to manually run the software for every value of the class variable. Is there any way to automatize the Smart PLS software, so that I can import the big dataset and runt the software automatically for each value of the class variable and end up with a big number of excel output files (one for each value of the class variable)?

Cheers
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

we use such a feature for our research. The development of the batch data processing tool was partially sponsored by P&G. This module may becomes part of the next release. However, we have not scheduled the release of SmartPLS 3.0, yet.

Best
Christian
Silke Burestam
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Silke Burestam »

Hi,
Are there any news about this? We realy need this future. If there are any costs for us to get this, it would be ok (like som kind of sponsring or something).

/Silke Burestam
alan_scott
PLS User
Real name and title:

Re: automatize Smart PLS

Post by alan_scott »

Silke Burestam wrote:Hello,

I have a question about running the same model many times with different datasets. I have a huge data set with one classification variable and it is lots of work to manually run the software for every value of the class variable. Is there any way to automatize the Smart PLS software, so that I can import the big dataset and runt the software automatically for each value of the class variable and end up with a big number of excel output files (one for each value of the class variable)?

Cheers
Is there any progress on this? Note that I do not want to statistically compare results for different subgroups of my total sample, I just want to run models for different subgroups. At present, the only way I can see to do this is to create separate CSV files for each subgroup.
mmadeira
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Heavy processing

Post by mmadeira »

cringle wrote:Hi,

we use such a feature for our research. The development of the batch data processing tool was partially sponsored by P&G. This module may becomes part of the next release. However, we have not scheduled the release of SmartPLS 3.0, yet.

Best
Christian
Hello.
Are there any news on this?
We would like to use SmartPLS in the background, and possible distribute the workload.
Thank you very much,
Margarida