Multi-variate statistics & Mediation

Research topics can be discussed in this area.
kamal123
PLS User
Real name and title:

Multi-variate statistics & Mediation

Post by kamal123 »

Hi,

I would like to mention that, in my model, I have multiple independent variables and I conduct a bootstraping and mediation analysis for each independent variable (IV) separately; my question is there a way to have a mediating test in presence of all IVs? and how?

It will be highly appreciated if you could provide information regarding this concern.
Kamal
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hello,

Just connect all construct in model and PLS Algorithm + Boostrapping. Check significant direct and indirect effect.

Regards,
Hengky
kamal123
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by kamal123 »

Hello,

I would like to thank you very much,

How we can find a references that can support the SmartPLS obtained values, for example: if the p-value of Sobel test < 0.05 then we can conclude that there is a mediation role; as another example if the AVE > 0.5 then we have a reasonable convergent validity. Please would you provide me with some reference that can be cited within the discussion of the results.

Great thanks for you
kamal123
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by kamal123 »

Hi, Second Question,

Is there a test in SmartPLS equivalent to Multiple regression in order to check the R square, significance and the Beta value of each independent variables.

Best regards
kamal123
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by kamal123 »

Hi,
Third Question, if we have the following values after applying online Sobel test
Sobel test statistic: 1.84357663
One-tailed probability: 0.03262243
Two-tailed probability: 0.06524486

Can we conclude that there is a mediation, because one-tailed < 0.05, regardless the value of Two-tailed?

Fourth Question
How we can ensure the significance of correlation in multiple regression using SmartPLS (P-Value)?

Thank you in advance
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

1. Many articles and books in PLS Literature provide information about evaluation outer & inner model, and also mediation analysis please check it.

2. Sobel-Test required normality assumption, not same with character PLS (distribution-free). One-tailed or Two-tailed, you must justify it (used one level, no mixed).

3. Yes, you can see R^2 for variance explain, but now I recommend used Adjusted R^2. Next compute predictive validity Q^2 and also f^2 + GoF.

4. For correlation rule of thumb P < 0.05.

Best Regards,
Hengky
kamal123
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by kamal123 »

Thank you very much

best regards