Placement of moderation

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
leenova
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Placement of moderation

Post by leenova »

Hello,

I am hoping to find out if there is a way to model a moderator on the relationship between two constructs.

My model, when put into SmartPLS does not permit me to add moderators to the relationship, only the variables.

I am not sure this is the way the software/statistical process operates or something different.

Is my model, the circled areas are from the two moderating variables. Should SmartPLS let me add a moderating effect there? SmartPLS lets me add moderating effects to the final construct on the far right only. Is this expected?

Thank you kindly :)
soumya.ray
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by soumya.ray »

Its the same thing -- you are moderating the relationship. There is no such thing as moderating a construct.

SmartPLS shows the path going to the final construct because it creates a moderation-term construct (composed of the product of the antecedent's and moderator's manifest variables) which is then related to the final construct.

does that help?