FIMIX PLS

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
antoniocaballero
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

FIMIX PLS

Post by antoniocaballero »

I would like to ask how to use the membership probabilities obtained after using FIMIX in order to run a post hoc analysis. I read Hann´s book and it is not clear to me.

From my point of vie there are two choices:

A) weighting each descriptive info of each case by these probabilities and running this for all the classes and compare them.

B) Assign each case to the class with highest probability and calculating the descriptives on the cases assigned to each latent.

Which of these is the right one? Maybe a third one...
jjsailors
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Re: FIMIX PLS

Post by jjsailors »

antoniocaballero wrote:I would like to ask how to use the membership probabilities obtained after using FIMIX in order to run a post hoc analysis. I read Hann´s book and it is not clear to me.

From my point of vie there are two choices:

A) weighting each descriptive info of each case by these probabilities and running this for all the classes and compare them.

B) Assign each case to the class with highest probability and calculating the descriptives on the cases assigned to each latent.

Which of these is the right one? Maybe a third one...
If you're interested in theory, then A. Well, almost A. You don't weight the descriptive info, you weight the respondents and then compare the descriptive info across classes.

If it's an applied project, then B.
John J. Sailors, PhD
Associate Professor of Marketing
The University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
Minneapolis, MN
gopshal
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

FIMIX PLS: group comparision on descriptive variables

Post by gopshal »

Sir, I am struggling how to perform:

Please tell me in detail. My work is truck on this point. I would be very thankful if you explain the steps of the above methods.

I thank you in advance.