FIMIX and PLS-POS in combination

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
janschreier
PLS Expert User
Real name and title: Jan Schreier

FIMIX and PLS-POS in combination

Post by janschreier »

I am working on a segmentation right now and according to
Ringle, C.M., Sarstedt, M., Schlittgen, R., 2010. Finite Mixture and Genetic Algorithm Segmentation in Partial Least Squares Path Modeling: Identification of Multiple Segments in a Complex Path Model, in: Fink, A., Lausen, B., Seidel, W., Ultsch, A. (Eds.), Advances in Data Analysis, Data Handling and Business Intelligence. Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg, pp. 167–176.

first using FIMIX to identify the number of segments and then using PLS-POS (or PLS-GAS as suggested in that paper) is a way to make use of advantages of both algorithms. I just wonder if my evaluation of FIMIX is exactly the same as if I would use only FIMIX or if I could leave out EN and the share of cases that are assigned to one segment with a certain probability. My reasoning for ignoring these two criteria would be that they build on FIMIX' weakness and thus this should better be left to PLS-POS.

Thanks again for your help!
Jan