group analysis - decide between specific and general model

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
srudek
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

group analysis - decide between specific and general model

Post by srudek »

Dear PLS-Community,

I would like to compare four models. Three of them are specific versions of one "general" model.
In the general model, my formative construct "influence of organizational unit A" consist of three items: "influence of organizational unit A on price promotions", "influence of organizational unit A on non-price promotions" and "influence of organizational unit A on tailor-made promotions".
In the specific models, my construct is a single-item construct and promotion-type specific, for example "influence of organizational unit A on price promotions".
I have three specific models (one for each promotion-type) which I would like to compare with the general model to find out, if it's worth splitting my model into these three submodels or if it's better to just use the general model.
For all models, the dataset is the same, the models just differ in the number of items per construct and therefore overall number of items.

I have already calculated adjusted R squares that take into account the different number of items.

Can anyone of you think of another way to compare the four models?

Looking forward to your ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Stefanie