High Composite Reliability Query

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Sussmek
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Sussmek S

High Composite Reliability Query

Post by Sussmek »

Hi,

In my Structural model 2 of the 6 predictor variables (All variables have 4 measurements items each. ) have shown composite reliability of .953 and .967 . Im aware that composite reliability of over .95 is not desirable. Any suggestions what can be if its over? Should i drop these variables? Is it ok to proceed with the analysis?

(All variables have 4 measurements items each. )

Thanks

Sussmek
amoghta
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Amogh Talan, Assistant Professor

Re: High Composite Reliability Query

Post by amoghta »

Check the outer loadings of all the indicators involved in the conflicting constructs. If the outer loading is < 0.40 remove such indicators. If the loading is between 0.4 and 0.7, remove such indicators one by one and see if it improves the composite reliability. If it does, then remove them.
agalvez
PLS Expert User
Real name and title: Alex

Re: High Composite Reliability Query

Post by agalvez »

Sussmek wrote:Hi,

In my Structural model 2 of the 6 predictor variables (All variables have 4 measurements items each. ) have shown composite reliability of .953 and .967 . Im aware that composite reliability of over .95 is not desirable. Any suggestions what can be if its over? Should i drop these variables? Is it ok to proceed with the analysis?

(All variables have 4 measurements items each. )

Thanks

Sussmek
Dear Sussmek

Did you solve this?

Regards