The two-stage approach

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
stanleyccc
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Chien Chung,Chen

The two-stage approach

Post by stanleyccc »

Hi,
My model of my research assembled with one formative exogenous variable and 2 moderators which point to a endogenous latent variables., It seems that I need to process two-stage approach to calculate under this circumstance.
I learned how to process two-stage approach in SmartPLS 2, I like to know does it still work on SmartPLS 3? with similar procedures?
Thank you~

Stanley
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: The two-stage approach

Post by cringle »

Yes it does.

Lit on the 2-stage-approach and HCM in PLS-SEM:

Hair, J. F., Hult, G. T. M., Ringle, C. M., and Sarstedt, M. 2014. A Primer on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

Ringle, C. M., Sarstedt, M., and Straub, D. W. 2012. "A Critical Look at the Use of PLS-SEM in MIS Quarterly." MIS Quarterly 36 (1): iii-xiv.

Becker, J.-M., Klein, K., and Wetzels, M. 2012. "Hierarchical Latent Variable Models in PLS-SEM: Guidelines for Using Reflective-Formative Type Models." Long Range Planning 45 (5-6): 359-394.

Just visit http://info.smartpls.com to find the links to the articles.

Best
Christian
rathor1072@gmail.com
PLS User
Real name and title: shekhu

Re: The two-stage approach

Post by rathor1072@gmail.com »

stanleyccc wrote:Hi,
My model of my research assembled with one formative exogenous variable and 2 moderators which point to a endogenous latent variables., It seems that I need to process two-stage approach to calculate under this circumstance.
I learned how to process two-stage approach in SmartPLS 2, I like to know does it still work on SmartPLS 3? with similar procedures?
Thank you~

Stanley
Hi, can you guide me how to do 2 step approach in SmartPlS3? I don't understand the steps well from these suggested articles.