Q squrare & f square

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
ChristieChen
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Q squrare & f square

Post by ChristieChen »

I am working on a paper using PLS-SEM. Could you please guide me how to determine the Q square and f square from SmartPLS 3.0 's Blindfolding & PLSAlgorithm report? Thank you so much.
ChristieChen
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: Q square & f square

Post by ChristieChen »

I have read the previous post and found the answers for Q square from SmartPLS Blindfolding output (with reference articles). Also, I need to calculate by hand with f square. Thank you.
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Re: Q squrare & f square

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

f-square is effect size (>=0.02 is small; >= 0.15 is medium;>= 0.35 is large). f-square measured variance explain each exogenous variables in the models.
Q-square is predictive validity, measured your model have predictive validity or nor (> 0 is good).

Best regards,
ghozali
PLS Expert User
Real name and title: Prof. Imam Ghozali, Ph.D

Post by ghozali »

Just read Joseph F Hair "A Primer on Partial Least Squares Srtuctural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM)" 0n page 177 - 185
Faculty of Economics, Diponegoro University
Jl. Erlangga Tengah 17 Semarang, Indonesia
ghozali_imam@yahoo.com
Muslihah
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Muslihah Wook

Post by Muslihah »

I'm also face the same problem of Q square and f square. I have refer the Hair et al. (2014) book but still can't solve my problem. Can anybody help me on how to run the blindfolding algorithm since it must be do separately. Thank you in advance.