recommendations regarding endogenous LVs

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

recommendations regarding endogenous LVs

Post by 24125278 »

Dear all,

This a basic question concerning the modelling and interpretation of SEM models, not a specific smartPLS software problem.

In my model, I have three different groups of LVs: 1) context factors, 2) different characteristics of different management models, 3) the performance of a company.

As the result of my analysis, I want to be able to give recommendations on which characteristics of management models (let's call this LVs of type 2)) to apply in order to achieve a high performance (LV of type 3)). In order to be able to do this, I will connect all my management-model-LVs with the performance-LV.

I would also like to analyze the impact which context factors (LVs of type 1)) have on the performance, and the impact which context factors have on the characteristics of management models. In other words, I would also connect context-factor-LVs with management-model-LVs and the performance LV.

Now my question: As the addition of context factors would render the characteristics of management models into endogenous LVs, would I still be able to give recommendations on management models? Or can't I give recommendations regarding endogenous LVs?

Hope this is understandable. Thank you very much in advance!
jjsailors
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Re: recommendations regarding endogenous LVs

Post by jjsailors »

24125278 wrote:
As the addition of context factors would render the characteristics of management models into endogenous LVs, would I still be able to give recommendations on management models?
In a word, yes.
John J. Sailors, PhD
Associate Professor of Marketing
The University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
Minneapolis, MN
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by 24125278 »

Thanks!