FIMIX - which variable is the guilty one? (& Final Parti

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Mattias_S
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

FIMIX - which variable is the guilty one? (& Final Parti

Post by Mattias_S »

Hi! I am working on getting the hang of PLS-MGA and FIMIX..

I understand how many segments are optimal, how large percentages of the respondents belong to each segments..etc..I have read the book, A Primer on..and some of the articles referred to here in this forum..

..and I believe that the "Final Partition" table in the report shows the likelihood of each respondent belonging to a segment, the numbered rows corresponding to the rows in the data set (I believe?- is that correct?)...

Now..but..

Question:..Is it possible to; from Smart PLS; get info on which variable (LV, MV, or group of MV:s) is the causing factor that causes the divisions?

I may theoretically hypothesize that I may be e.g. gender, income, club memberships, political affiliations or something else...and test that according to the methods in the book ( "A primer on...") pp 247 - 255.. but...if the causating factor is one that I cannot imagine....and hence therefore cannot test for?..

- then what?
- can the Smart PLS software help me with that?
- can some other software help me out with that?

Very Happy for any info and thanx in advance! :-)

Very Best Regards!

[