MGA result interpretation

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
gettu
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

MGA result interpretation

Post by gettu »

Hi all,

I conducted PLS-MGA for two groups and found out that there are no significant differences between path coefficients of the two groups (i used parametric approaches to test the difference)...That means i am not going to reject the null hypothesis. How should i interpret this result? Does this result lead to the conclusion that there is no observed heterogeneity? If so, is this conclusion is going to be meaningful?

Thanks in Advance,
Get
Gett
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

If the result PLS-MGA not sig this is means not different among your groups cases.

Regards
nicefreak
PLS User
Real name and title:

Re: MGA result interpretation

Post by nicefreak »

Hi there,

I am running SmartPLS 3 and try to conduct an MGA.
How do I interpret the t-values? According to Sarstedt, Henseler, Ringle (2011), it is not sound to compare if a path coefficient of group A is larger than one of group B and if a different path coefficient of group B is larger than the one of group A at the same time.
Is that still true for the SmartPLS 3 Henseler's MGA? Or is it safe to interpret p values of smaller than .05 and larger than .95 as indicating that the path coefficient of group A is larger than the one of group B (for .05) and the coefficient of B is larger than A (for .95)?

I have tried to switch both groups in the MGA, but the results stay the same!

I have chosen a Bootstrapping significance level of .05 (two tailed). Would I thus interpret the results also at a .05 significance level, or is that then a .1 significance level, because I consider both tails at .05?

Thanks a lot for a clarification!
nicefreak
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by nicefreak »

Sorry,

I just found the answer to my question: It says in Smart PLS 3:
Henseler MGA:
This method is a non-parametric significance test for the difference of group-specific results that builds on PLS-SEM bootstrapping results. A result is significant at the 5% probability of error level, if the p-value is smaller than 0.05 or larger than 0.95 for a certain difference of group-specific path coefficients.
ViWi
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: ViWi

Post by ViWi »

nicefreak wrote:Sorry,

I just found the answer to my question: It says in Smart PLS 3:
Henseler MGA:
This method is a non-parametric significance test for the difference of group-specific results that builds on PLS-SEM bootstrapping results. A result is significant at the 5% probability of error level, if the p-value is smaller than 0.05 or larger than 0.95 for a certain difference of group-specific path coefficients.
Where exactly did you find this quote?
ViWi
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: ViWi

Post by ViWi »

I found it ;).