A mail from Habib, a PhD student for moderating variable

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Habib khan
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

A mail from Habib, a PhD student for moderating variable

Post by Habib khan »

Dear Professor Bindo:

This is from Habib Khan, a PhD students a long time ago, I wrote to you for my number of observation (n=34), which is also population for Bangladesh commercial banks.

Things I am now experiencing is I run a model as per my supervisor advise that business strategy (BS) moderate in the intangible assets (IA) and organisational performance (OP). I can run direct link, but if I run moderating variable of BS * IA on OP, it is showing path co-efficient (-) value. and in the bootstraping,,,, I cant run the model without increasing the case. It says at least 100 case. I am in a great tension now thinking that its a more observation is required.. But I am now at the very much eleventh hour of my PhD.... please advise me what can I do.. ? Can I report some findings based on only path co-efficient ? But BS* OP lpath-co-efficient is negative. What does it mean ?

Business strategy construct (BS) has three typology, prospector, defender strategy and Analyser strategy ? (each has 5 items to measure) in total, total 15 items for Business strategy construct. Do you think that business strategy is a formative. I have treated it as reflective. I am very much tensed now whether I am correct or not. Or should I do hierarchical reflective model for business strategy ?

Much appreciated if you please advise me ?