Two groups with different numbers of indicators

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Chacolex
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Two groups with different numbers of indicators

Post by Chacolex »

Hi,

I am working on my doctoral dissertation and I am having trouble with figuring out how to load my data, as I have a group of supervisors (N=49) who have completed 90 questions and their subordinates (N=280) who only completed 35 questions. I want to compare answers across certain sub-scales, but I can't upload the CSV with both sets of data in one file due to the empty cells across crewmembers.

Is there a way to structure a CSV file so that I can include all, or does anyone know how I can get around this?

Thanks!
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,
Run multigroup analysis using permutation or non-parametric approach.

Regards,
Hengky
Chacolex
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Chacolex »

Thanks!
christian.nitzl
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by christian.nitzl »

Nevertheless, it is important to pay attention to measurement invariance. That means, that at least you have to measure your latent constructs with the same indicators for the different groups. Please check this forum for the topic of measurement invariance and you will find some important hints.
Greetings,
Christian
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert

Post by Hengkov »

Hello Nitzl,
Yes, right.
But I think almost case in multigroup analysis have invariance. So, Smith-Satterwaite test just solution. We need develop another procedure for multigroup invariance.

Best Regards,
Hengky
christian.nitzl
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by christian.nitzl »

You right, we really need better procedures. But “at least” you need the “same” indicators for the measurement when using a multigroup analyses. In the next step we have to check if the “loadings” are significantly different with such a test you mentioned e.g. “parameter free” test.
Greetings,
Christian
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert

Post by Hengkov »

Yes, I know Nitzl. ;-)