Pls graph vs Smart Pls

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
RicardoS
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Pls graph vs Smart Pls

Post by RicardoS »

Hi,

I'm a recent user of Smart PLS and before i already used the PLS Graph. I have some questions that i need to confirm with people that already compare results from these two tools.

First, i need to know if the results for the same sample used give us the same results for PLS algorithm and Bootstrapping?

Second, the tool Fixmix Pls do not exist in Pls Graph, what is this tool and which is the result that i should read?

Best regards,
Ricardo Seara
Ricardo Seara
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

1: Yes, see Temme, Dirk/Kreis, Henning (2005, in German, viewtopic.php?t=19), Temme, Dirk/Kreis, Henning (2005, viewtopic.php?t=20) and soon Temme/Kreis (2007, Handbook of Computational Statistics).

2: Read Hahn et. al (2002) and Ringle et al. (2005) (references are in the literature section as well) – future publications follow by Ringle et al., soon.

Best
Christian
fairviewpark
PLS User
Real name and title:

PLS-Graph and Smart PLS Produce Identical Results

Post by fairviewpark »

Hi,

I am new to SmartPLS and have been using PLS-graph. I run my model in both tools. PAth coefficients, their t-values, R-square, and item loadings are all identical. However, correlation among constructs and cross-loadings are different. What particular parameters should I look at to ensure both tools produce the identical results?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Fairview