how to do moderatoration of the moderation?Thank you!

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
592210373@qq.com
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Mao Lina

how to do moderatoration of the moderation?Thank you!

Post by 592210373@qq.com »

Dear all,

I am learning to practice Smartpls little by little, this forum really helps. Thank you for your efforts!

Now I want to analyse moderatoration of two moderations. My data is from questionnairs, and is 5 likert-scale. Though have read through many topics here,I am still not clear how to conduct it at the moment... Any help is really appreciated.

Is the following way pausible or not for the third moderator:
1, to analyse following MGA process?
or 2, sget LV scores for two-moderation model first, and then repeat the moderation effect again?
or 3, either way is not correct? As I found the following information replied last year...

"Re: Double Moderation effect
Report this post Quote
Post by jmbecker » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:23 pm

You can add both moderators simultaneously to your model. If you think about a three-way interaction there is currently no build-in method to add these type of effects into a PLS model."

If none of above ways are correct, then could anyone explain in more details how can we make it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,
Marina
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Re: how to do moderatoration of the moderation?Thank you!

Post by jmbecker »

The first could be a viable solution if you third moderator is categorical so that grouping makes sense.

Building a three-way interaction is still not possible to build directly in SmartPLS as also discussed in the other post.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de