CSF: How to measure endogeneous variable?

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
stefanperras
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

CSF: How to measure endogeneous variable?

Post by stefanperras »

Dear all,

I am about to define mit model to test with PLS.

From literature I've collected around 40 critical success factors (CSF) that load on (are grouped in) different exogeneous latent variables. Each success factor will be reflected by one question in the questionnaire (using Likert-scales for asking about how relevant each success factor is regarded).

The exogeneous latent variables all load then on the final endogeneous latent variable which is "project acceptance".

The idea is to show a causality between the CSFs on the "project acceptance", i.e. if CSFs are applied by a company the acceptance of a project by the public increases.

My problem is now: how to measure the "project acceptance" as there is not a concrete project and I am only asking managers from the company, not the public itself. In literature researcher often use things like company revenues, profit, etc., i.e. something that you can clearly measure. In my case it is more hypothetical.

I hope I could describe my problem well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stefan