How to calculate Q2, Direct Indirect, Total and Effect Size

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
dibakar
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

How to calculate Q2, Direct Indirect, Total and Effect Size

Post by dibakar »

I have a simple model A->D; B->D; C->D. A is a second order refelective indicator (A1->A; A2->A, A3->A).
I have calculated path coeff and T values.
But I am not sure how to calculate Direct, Indirect , Total Effect, Q2 and Effect Size.
Regards
Dibs
dibakar
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

Post by dibakar »

So far I understand -
There are two types of Q2 value: a cross validated communality and a cross validated redundancy. The cross validated communalitypredicts the values of the omitted indicator variables via the estimate of the latent variable. If therefore provides an estimate of the overall quality of the measurement model for each reflective latent variables. Cross validated redundancy is the indirect prediction of the omitted data points of indicators of the dependent latent variables by the constructs that are predictor of the latent variables. It is a mesure of the predictive relevance of the model in regard to the dependent latent variables.
To calculate cross validated communality we check all the latent variables other than the one under study and run bild folding. Repeat the process for all the latent REFLECTIVe indicators.
In order to calculate ross validated redundancy we check only the endogenous latent variable (dependent variable) and run a bind folding.
Both the results are available under table with header 'Total" for Construct Crossvalidated Communality and Construct Crossvalidated Redundancy respectively.
1. Am I right?
2. Is it possible to calculate cross validated redundancy when the model contains Formative indicators.
3. While calculating cross validated communality for model with formative indicator, do i need to treat the indicator similar to the reflective indicators and uncheck them while calculating their cross validated communality .