Outer Loadings : Original Sample, Sample Mean, Stdv..

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
binosjourney
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Bintang Rahmadi, Undergraduate Student

Outer Loadings : Original Sample, Sample Mean, Stdv..

Post by binosjourney »

Hello,

I have several questions as this is my first time using this software.
- As it stated in the bootstrapping result that T-statics is derived from dividing the original sample with the standard deviation. However when I try to manually calculate it, it gave me slightly different result of T-statistics from what the software has calculated e.g : BEI1<--BEI Tstats = 43.2857143 (manually calculated) and 43.695 (provided by SmartPLS) some even has greater diference. You can take a look at the data with the provided image below

- What is sample mean? is it derived from the bootstrapping re sample or is it provided from the original sample?

I need to convince my thesis supervisor with this two because he ask this last time I meet him, thank you.
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Re: Outer Loadings : Original Sample, Sample Mean, Stdv..

Post by jmbecker »

The difference should result from rounding errors. You look at results with a precision of 3 decimal points. Internally we are using double (i.e., which precision is roughly at 16 decimal points).

The mean estimate is the mean of the bootstrap distribution. This can be slightly different from the original sample estimate. The difference is called bias and is, beside other things, used to calculate the bias-corrected confidence intervals.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de