Interpretation Problems

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
PhilipBeu
PLS User
Real name and title: Philip Beuße

Interpretation Problems

Post by PhilipBeu »

Hi everyone,

I have a small interpretation problem of my results.

I used a 2x2 Design and experimentally created four groups. I wanted to investigate how a products capability to fulfill specific needs (2) influence product perception. So the needs where fulfilled in a way that i have a control group with no need fulfillment, a high need fulfillment group with both needs fulfilled and a group where one need each is fulfilled.

My results say that one need (security) has a positive path coefficient across all groups. Is it right to say that the need for security ha a positive effect on product perception (also there are also 2 groups where it was not adressed)?

For the other need (compotence) I only have 1 significant path coefficent, in the group where competence is fulfilled, but not the other need.
How can I interpretated this?
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Interpretation Problems

Post by cringle »

Two quick thought:

(1) When comparing groups, you may want to address measurement invariance.

(2) When comparing multiple groups, you may want to adjust for multiple testing.

You find some additional info about these points in the advanced book on PLS-SEM by Hair et al. (2018), which may be available in your university's library: https://www.smartpls.com/documentation/ ... sem-issues --> see CHAPTER 4.

Otherwise, the approach sounds good.