How can i interpret my result for SmartPLS?

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
milkyben91
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Benjamin Chua

How can i interpret my result for SmartPLS?

Post by milkyben91 »

Hi Scholars and Researchers,

I have completed my research analysis using the SmartPLS software.
I followed all the steps stated by Hair et al. (2017) and now will like to interpret my results and findings.

I am using reflective measurement model

In order to establish validity and reliability, i have delete few indicators in order to meet the composite reliability, AVE and discriminant validity (total of 7 indicators out of 40)

Then assessment of the structural model, i recalculated the algorithm and bootstrap after the deletion of the indicators. R square, f square, path coefficient are all completed. Now moving on to the analysis part.

I have trouble telling the audience why did i remove the indicator from the construct, is it just say that the 7 indicators were removed due to poor validity and reliability? How can i discuss my findings for the item that were deleted? Can i just say these indicators does not support the endogenous construct as it is not valid and reliable? As they were not included in the structural model evaluation, information regarding these indicators were unclear except of poor loading or low AVE etc.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: How can i interpret my result for SmartPLS?

Post by cringle »

PLS-SEM computes results of composites which you can use for (formative) composite indicator models or as a representation of reflective constructs (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6316304404). In the latter case, you like to make sure that the construct explains its underlying indicators. If this explanation is low (i.e., low outer loadings), this indicator may be unreliable in this kind of set-up and you may do not want to include it. If you, however, consider a (formative) composite, then the deletion of indicators may involve deletion of relevant content.

Best
CR