Discriminant validity with multiple DVs

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
hariskr
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Haris Krijestorac

Discriminant validity with multiple DVs

Post by hariskr »

If I have a model with multiple DVs, should I test the discriminant validity of my variables with all DVs included at the same time? The reason I ask is because each DV yields a separate model, and thus multiple DVs are not estimated 'simultaneously' - they can be in the software, but statistically they are independent.

So under this circumstance, is it relevant to test the discriminant validity of DVs that are in statistically independent models but part of the same study and have the same set of IVs? I.e., do I really care if the DVs in different models are sufficiently distinct?
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Discriminant validity with multiple DVs

Post by cringle »

You may want to test discriminant validity for all construct in the model at the same time. Use the HTMT cirterion: Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2015). A New Criterion for Assessing Discriminant Validity in Variance-based Structural Equation Modeling. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43(1), 115-135. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW4GA7 ... sCgSDLuo1Q

Best
CR