Problems of repeated indicator approach

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Yvone
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: RuoyunBao

Problems of repeated indicator approach

Post by Yvone »

hi all. I constructed a model that is two-order (first-order reflective and second-order formative). And I use repeated indicator approach(model B). However, I am not sure whether I use the approach in a correct way. It is about overall perceived value and behavioral intention. There are 7 dimensions under overall perceived value. And each dimensions has 3-4 reflective indicators. Thus i simply connect the reflective indicators to corresponding dimension and connect each dimension to the overall perceived value formatively. Finally I connect the indicators of each dimension to the overall perceived value reflectively and run the PLS algorithm. Could anyone let me know if I use this approach correctly? the conceptual model can be seen as the pic below.
Another question. After running the PLS Algorithm, I need to analyze the indicator reliability based upon outer loadings. However, there are two outer loadings for each indicator, probably because I repeated the indicator. So, which outer loading should I use?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Attachments
Outer loadings
Outer loadings
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 09.55.52.png (58.5 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Conceptual Model
Conceptual Model
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 09.55.23.png (118.05 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
abunasuha
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Mr Mohamad Isa Abd Jalil

Re: Problems of repeated indicator approach

Post by abunasuha »

Dear Yvone,

Do you already got the answer? I am facing same problem right now. Really glad if you can share with me
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Problems of repeated indicator approach

Post by cringle »

You may want to take a look at the chapter on higher order constructs in this book:
Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Ringle, C. M., & Gudergan, S. P. (2018). Advanced Issues in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.https://www.smartpls.com/documentation/advanced

:))

Best
CR