determining significance

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
jarhead01e
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

determining significance

Post by jarhead01e »

How do I determine the level of significance (p <0.05) in my model? Looking through the output of my data, I see t values, but how do I know the level of significance?
quant
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by quant »

Hi,

you determine the significance by comparing the t-values to the quantiles of a t-distribution or a standard normal distribution, respectively (that is looking them up in the corresponding tables which can be found in every undergraduate statistics book or easily on the internet (e.g. wikipedia)).

Christian
jiwatr
PLS User
Real name and title:

Re: determining significance

Post by jiwatr »

You can also use TDIST function in excel, with df (degree of freedome as 999 being n-1), and for a 2-tailed test

TDIST (t-value, 999, 2)
jarhead01e wrote:How do I determine the level of significance (p <0.05) in my model? Looking through the output of my data, I see t values, but how do I know the level of significance?
jarhead01e
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by jarhead01e »

Oh... okay.. so the program doesn't do it for me.. I have to look up the t values on the students t test chart. Got it... Thanks for the replies.