Recursive modelling?

This forum is closed, and read-only.
fhartmann
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Recursive modelling?

Post by fhartmann »

I wondered whether recursive modelling would be a useful extension. Also allowing bi-directional covariation would be useful in exploratory models.
awill
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title:

Post by awill »

I'm not sure I understood what exactly recursive modeling means - could please give me some more details?
jahoosafat
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by jahoosafat »

I think fhartmann is talking about non-recursive models actually. That is, where the causality between X and Y runs in both directions. This would require proper identification of the model (like an instrumental variables model). I don't think PLS is really designed to do this, but I'm not that familiar with the method.

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff
alan_scott
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by alan_scott »

I managed to have a non-recursive component in my model by including the same factor and its indicators _twice_ ... i.e. as two separate constructs. That way I could have an arrow going in one direction from the first factor to a third factor and an arrow going in the other direction from the third factor to the second factor (where the first and second factors are the same thing).

It seemed to calibrate OK but I must admit that I am not sure what my 'trick' really means.