Evaluating endogeneity in a model

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Brusset_X
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Evaluating endogeneity in a model

Post by Brusset_X »

The study of a PLS model these days is not complete if endogeneity is not evaluated.

José Benitez, Jörg Henseler and José Roldan in this aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?ar ... =amcis2016paper present a methodology to do this with ADANCO. Is there a way to evaluate such a phenomenon and eventually to correct it in a model using SmartPLS?

Thank you.
Xavier Brusset
Professor
Logistics and supply chain management
Toulouse Business School
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Re: Evaluating endogeneity in a model

Post by jmbecker »

We are definitely aware of this important topic, but as far as I know there is currently no PLS software (also not ADANCO) that offers a build-in feature to treat endogeneity. This has a simple reason: Endogeneity in PLS is an under-researched topic and there is no established procedure to tackle endogeneity problems.
Generally, the topic of endogeneity is certainly more complex than implementing a 2SLS approach into PLS models.

However, as PLS uses simple OLS regression on the latent variable scores in the (inner) structural model to obtain the final path coefficients, any “conventional” method to treat endogeneity in OLS regression would probably be an option for PLS as well.

I particularly like the following article on endogeneity which you may find useful as well:
Papies, D., Ebbes, P., & van Heerde, H. J. (2016). Addressing Endogeneity in Marketing Models. In P. S. H. Leeflang, J. E. Wieringa, T. H. A. Bijmolt, & K. H. Pauwels (Eds.), Advanced Methods in Modeling Markets (pp. forthcoming).  You may contact the authors.
But there are many more useful resource on tackling endogeneity, for example, using the control variable approach or the instrumental variable approach.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de
Brusset_X
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: Evaluating endogeneity in a model

Post by Brusset_X »

I thank you ery much for this reply.
I did not find the book or the chapter that you mention by Papies, Ebbes and Heerder. I will write to them.
I tried using a control variable as instrumental in a 2SLS calculation in SPSS and got correct results.
Xavier Brusset
Professor
Logistics and supply chain management
Toulouse Business School