Re-activation key more than 3 times

This forum is closed, and read-only.
doraglez
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re-activation key more than 3 times

Post by doraglez »

Hi,

I've already requested and used my SmartPLS re-activation key for three times, now that I want to re-activate SmartPLS for 4th time I can not continue using SmartPLS, do I have to make a payment or contribution?

I got the message: "the key was not accepted by the server"

Thanks

Dora
----------
Dora Gonzalez-Banales
Instituto Tecnológico de Durango México
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi Dora,
the software is freeware and you could install it in 3 computers at the same time (for instance: home , work and notebook).
If you need to install in more computers, just fill other "profile" (new name and password to have other "key").

After 3 months a new key already will be available in "My key" link, just copy/past it.

Best regards,

Bido
doraglez1
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

still with problems

Post by doraglez1 »

Hi,

Thanks professor Dido for your advice, I followed your suggestions, but I can not execute SmartPLS.

I copy and paste the new key I got with a new profile in the forum. I've reinstalled SMartPLS, when I do that it seems that the new key is recognized ("your copy as successfully been activated...) but when I try to execute again SmartPLS the following message appears: "your smart pls license key is expired. The software can not be started until it is activated again", I copy and paste again the key, again it seems that the key is recognized but the smartPLS is not executed.

Any suggestions?

thank you in advance

Dora
sdrucker
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: still with problems

Post by sdrucker »

doraglez1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks professor Dido for your advice, I followed your suggestions, but I can not execute SmartPLS.

I copy and paste the new key I got with a new profile in the forum. I've reinstalled SMartPLS, when I do that it seems that the new key is recognized ("your copy as successfully been activated...) but when I try to execute again SmartPLS the following message appears: "your smart pls license key is expired. The software can not be started until it is activated again", I copy and paste again the key, again it seems that the key is recognized but the smartPLS is not executed.

I should mention that I have no proxy server on the home PC - just a direct Ethernet connection to a DSL router - and the home laptop is "always on" the Internet connection.

Any suggestions?

thank you in advance

Dora
I've had the same problem. I have SmartPLS on my office PC and laptop, and for the past two years I haven't been able to get the laptop to accept the key. Every time I copy the key into the SmartPLS activation, it accepts it, and when I start the software I get the same message. As a result I've given up using the software except on a single machine.

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Java and SmartPLS, but get the same message. My guess is that there's a corrupted setting somewhere, but I don't know where. Any advice would be welcome.
Stuart Drucker
Drucker Analytics, Inc.